Henderson Entertainment & Media Lawyer
Providing Professional Legal Counsel in Entertainment & Media Matters
According to government sources, the U.S. entertainment & media industry is the largest in the world. It is attributed to one-third—or $717 billion USD of the global entertainment & media industry. Given the massive size of the industry, legal disputes concerning entertainment & media are a serious concern.
If you are looking for an experienced legal professional to provide you with sound, reliable legal counsel concerning legal issues arising from entertainment and media, you should consult our legal team at Ford & Friedman for advice.
Our entertainment and media attorneys have experience representing clients from:
- Television & film
- Music performance & production
- Digital interactive gaming, arts, and e-sports
- Print media
- Professional unions, associations, and guilds
- Sports and athletics
To learn more about our legal services, please call Ford & Friedman at (702) 904-9898 to speak with a member of our legal team today.
Legal Matters in the Entertainment Industry
When people think of the entertainment industry, they picture Hollywood and Las Vegas in the western United States, and New York and Atlantic City in the east. Whether you are a musician or stage performer looking for career opportunities in the western U.S., you can count on Ford & Friedman to zealously advocate for your interests.
We have experience providing the following legal services:
- Intellectual property: Much of the entertainment and media industry involves copyright and trademark issues. We can guide you through complex issues like intellectual property registration, infringement, and licensing.
- Licensing agreements: When it comes to licensing intellectual property, we can help you negotiate, draft, and/or review contracts concerning the licensing of copyrighted and trademarked materials.
- Employment contracts: Whether you are a performer or artist looking for a steady gig or a production professional looking for a job, your rights may be subject to an employment contract. We can help you negotiate the terms of your employment and assist in ensuring that your rights are respected.
- Negotiating with professional unions, associations, and guilds: Many members of the entertainment industry belong to a professional association that are subject to collective bargaining arrangements. We have experience negotiating with organizations such as the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), the American Federation of Musicians (AFM), and SAG-AFTRA.
- Compliance with union, association, and guild requirements: Those who hire or otherwise employ members of a professional union or association are required to comply with certain terms and conditions. We can help you understand the nature of these terms and avoid liability due to breaching them.
- Casino and resort hotels: Casino and resort hotels are major purveyors of entertainment throughout the United States. As a result, world-famous stage performers, musicians, DJs, and illusionists seek work here. Our legal team can help facilitate negotiations and agreements regarding performance residencies, concert tours, and seasonal music festivals between prospective talent and hotels.
Contact Ford & Friedman for Advice from Our Entertainment & Media Attorneys
Show business is a tough gig. Therefore, you need a tough legal advocate with experience in entertainment and media law to support your goals and protect your rights. At Ford & Friedman, we have nearly a half-century’s worth of collective legal experience in handling disputes and transactions connected to the entertainment and media industry.
To schedule an initial case evaluation with a member of our legal team, please call Ford & Friedman at (702) 904-9898 or contact us online today.
Our divorce attorneys will give you individualized attention and service. We will be personally invested in your case and in securing you the best outcome possible.
A Collaborative Approach
With us, you will benefit from having a team of attorneys behind your case. You will also be joining forces with legal advocates who work well with clients, developing relationships that outlast the case.
Our boutique law firm has handled a wide range of family cases, and we know full well that each client needs and deserves an individualized, sophisticated strategy for their specific case.
Our lawyers grew up here and are dedicated helping their local community. We are also familiar with local judges and courts and know how to successfully guide clients through the legal system.