Christopher P. Ford, Esq.-Christopher is a founding Partner of the law firm of Ford & Friedman where his practice is primarily devoted to family law litigation, encompassing complex divorce, child custody, and post-decree enforcement/modification matters.
Accolades & Achievements
Christopher is a member of the Family Law Bar in Nevada and he is licensed to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He was recognized by Martindale-Hubbell Ⓡ as a Distinguished Attorney in 2013 through 2018. He has been named to the Southern Nevada Legal Elite in 2011 and 2013-2018, recognizing him as one of the top 100 attorneys in Southern Nevada. Christopher has also been named to Nevada Business Magazine 2013 and 2014 Best Up & Coming Attorneys List, and recognized as an AVVO Rated Attorney since 2012.
Most recently Christopher was recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys as a Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 (2014-2018) and National Trial Lawyers as a Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40 for the state of Nevada and the Top 100 Plaintiff's Trial Lawyers in Nevada. Through his local practice, Christopher has amassed a myriad of experience navigating the family court system in Clark County, gaining comprehensive trial experience as well as substantial experience with the available alternate dispute resolution options in the local family law arena.
Life Outside of Legal Work
Born in South Dakota, but raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Christopher is proud to have obtained both his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Juris Doctorate from UNLV. As a long-standing member of the community, Christopher has enjoyed the opportunity to not only grow his legal practice but to also grow his own family here in the Las Vegas Valley. Currently, Christopher and his wife, Emma, spend a great deal of their time raising their three wonderful children. When not involved in one of the children’s activities or with the practice of law Christopher enjoys staying active by exercising, traveling, and watching/attending sporting events.
Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Nevada, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2010
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada, B.A.
- Honors: Deans List
- Major: Political Science
- Please refer to Avvo.com for reviews of my performance by past clients.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated – Preeminent (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell BV Rated (2013-2018)
- Southern Nevada Legal Elite- Nevada Business Magazine (2011, 2013-2018)
- Southern Nevada Up & Coming Attorney- Nevada Business Magazine (2013, 2014)
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys-Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under 40 (2014-2016)
- AVVO Rated Attorney as of 2012
- Southern Nevada Top 100 Attorney - Nevada Business Magazine (2011)
- Distinguished Rating from Martindale-Hubbard as Very High in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as 10 Best Attorneys in Nevada (2017-2019)
- National Advocates - Top 100 Lawyers (2014-2019)
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 – Civil Plaintiff (2018-2019)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nevada State Bar- Family Law Section, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Family and Criminal Law Firm, Senior Associate Attorney, October 1, 2009 - August 20, 2010
- Family and Criminal Law Firm, Law Clerk, September 1, 2007 - February 28, 2008